Buy Now Take the hassle out of doggy dental care. There’s a scoop for that!
**Brand New Product**
Each time our dogs eat, tiny food particles are broken down from their food and deposited in their mouths. Over time, these particles build up to form a substance known as ‘plaque’ which covers their teeth and eats away at the enamel and causes gum inflammation and soreness.
The best way to remove plaque from teeth is by brushing. And research has shown that, unless brushing is carried out each day, brushing will have little to no impact on the onset of oral decay. However, as most dog owners will appreciate, it’s hard to find time to brush every day.This is where Plaque-K9 comes in.
Our vets and nutritionists have come up with a handy way to take the hassle out of canine dental care by creating an easy-to-feed dental supplement which maintains dental hygiene and prevents the build up of plaque and tartar. Helping with problems of bad breath and dirty teeth.
Find out how the ingredients in Plaque-K9 help to combat dental issues:
- Kelp The seaweed Kelp is known to contain a bacteria known as Bacillus licheniformis which produces an enzyme that works to protect against tooth decay by stripping bacteria from plaque!;
- Dillcan help with microbial infections in the mouth; and its antioxidants minimise damage caused by free radicals to the gums and teeth. Dill is a good source of calcium, manganese and iron. It contains flavonoids known for their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral properties.
- Fragaria: Fragaria found in strawberries and can be used to soften and remove tartar and dental plaque from teeth, helping to prevent formation of new deposits.
- Fennel: Fennel has long been used for its oral health properties as it has exhibited antibacterial properties which can help to inhibit plaque build-up and gum disease. It is thought this is due to the presence of polyphenol compounds such as rosmarinic acid and luteolin.
- Parsley: Parsley contains compounds called monoterpenes which can counteract strong smelling foods. It is also rich in calcium and fluorine which are important for tooth enamel.